The Benefits of Mentoring
A recent study the California Mentor Foundation found that …
- 98% of the young people matched with mentors stayed in school
- 85% of the youngsters who had a mentor did not use drugs
- 98% of teens matched with mentors avoided pregnancy
- 98% of the youngsters matched with mentors avoided gang participation
Become a Mentor
We are losing our future, one child at a time, which is why the CARES Mentoring Movement is crucial. These are the chilling facts…
- In some cities, only 18% of Black boys graduate from high school.
- 57% of Black fourth graders are functionally illiterate.
- 2.4 million Black children have a parent in prison.
- HIV/AIDS is the leading cause of death of young Black women.
- Homicide is the leading cause of death of young Black men.
- Every day more than 1,000 Black teenagers are arrested.
Behind all the harsh numbers are youngsters who are the real-world consequences of broken educational systems, broken homes, and broken communities. By working together, we can void these dire statistics.